Go back in time and see how in the old days brave knights fought for their honor, dignity and women's hearts.
In the Kievan Rus Park you will be able to travel in the past. You will get into the times of Vladimir the Great, where behind the high walls, the watchtowers hides a completely different, ancient world with brave knights, archery and equestrian tournaments.
How to do?
1. Go to Kievan Rus Park, it is located outside Kiev, in the village of Kopachi. You can get there by bus from the Vydubychi metro station.
2. Bus will take you right to the main entrance at the huge gates.
3. Buy a ticket and come inside.
4. To your left you will see a platform for archery and throwing knives. Here you can demonstrate your accuracy :)
5. On the right is an old tavern, where you can try a soup, such as it was cooked a couple of hundred years ago.
6. Walk a little deeper and you will see the arena where the knightly duel will soon begin.
7. Take a seat on the tribune closer to the arena and enjoy the spectacular show.
Where to do?
Kievan Rus Park
The largest historical and entertainment center in Ukraine, where the architecture and atmosphere of the ancient Kiev was reconstructed with the maximum historical certainty.7
Kiev region, the village of Kopachi, Lenin Street 17-a.Open hours:
Daily from 10:00 am to 09:00 pm.Phone:
+38044 461 9937Official website: http://parkkyivrus.com/ua/
When to do?
Tournaments are held in the afternoon only on the weekends.
The entrance ticket to the park costs 150 hryvnias for adults and 50 hryvnias for children.
More things to do in Kiev
Find a hedgehog
Attention! Dangerous! The hedgehog season in Kiev just began. Small prickly creatures go out hunting and walk around the city. Do not become their prey.FREE11
Ride on the funicular
Just three minutes trip by cable car - and you have memories of this unique and exciting form of transport for the rest of your life. 310Funicular
Fly on a hot air balloon
What? Haven't you seen Kiev from above? Run faster to the statue of Motherland. No. Stop! Appreciate the beauty of the city from a hot air balloon. 25003
Watch the dancing fountains
In summer a colorful music show is held in Kiev. Go straight to Maidan Nezalezhnosti to see it with your own eyes.FREE4
Get into ukrainian mud hut
200 years ago, village dwelling on the territory of Ukraine was built from wood, clay and straw, which allowed to keep the house warm. 403Park Pirogovo
Know more things to do?
Share your ideas of what to do in Kiev with other travellers — together we'll make our travellings more interesting!