Go back in time and see how in the old days brave knights fought for their honor, dignity and women's hearts.
In the Kievan Rus Park you will be able to travel in the past. You will get into the times of Vladimir the Great, where behind the high walls, the watchtowers hides a completely different, ancient world with brave knights, archery and equestrian tournaments.
How to do?
1. Go to Kievan Rus Park, it is located outside Kiev, in the village of Kopachi. You can get there by bus from the Vydubychi metro station.
2. Bus will take you right to the main entrance at the huge gates.
3. Buy a ticket and come inside.
4. To your left you will see a platform for archery and throwing knives. Here you can demonstrate your accuracy :)
5. On the right is an old tavern, where you can try a soup, such as it was cooked a couple of hundred years ago.
6. Walk a little deeper and you will see the arena where the knightly duel will soon begin.
7. Take a seat on the tribune closer to the arena and enjoy the spectacular show.
Where to do?
Kievan Rus Park
The largest historical and entertainment center in Ukraine, where the architecture and atmosphere of the ancient Kiev was reconstructed with the maximum historical certainty.8
Kiev region, the village of Kopachi, Lenin Street 17-a.Open hours:
Daily from 10:00 am to 09:00 pm.Phone:
+38044 461 9937Official website: http://parkkyivrus.com/ua/
When to do?
Tournaments are held in the afternoon only on the weekends.
The entrance ticket to the park costs 150 hryvnias for adults and 50 hryvnias for children.
More things to do in Kiev
Watch the dancing fountains
In summer a colorful music show is held in Kiev. Go straight to Maidan Nezalezhnosti to see it with your own eyes.FREE4
Dive in the ice-hole on Baptism
Dive three times into the water with the words "In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit" - you are healed from all ills.FREE7
Climb Lysa Gora
Lysa Gora (Bald mountain) was a place of pagan worship. Under Peter the Great, fortification and an underground city were built here.FREE6Lysa Hora
Taste hot dumplings
Dumplings with meat, with potatoes, with cherries, with poppy seeds, with cottage cheese, with cabbage, with mushrooms, with everything - try them all! 256
Try «Kiev Perepichka »
Try the very first Ukrainian fast food and probably the cheapest one, which is prepared following the constant recipe for 35 years. 125Kiev perepichka
Know more things to do?
Share your ideas of what to do in Kiev with other travellers — together we'll make our travellings more interesting!