Go back in time and see how in the old days brave knights fought for their honor, dignity and women's hearts.
In the Kievan Rus Park you will be able to travel in the past. You will get into the times of Vladimir the Great, where behind the high walls, the watchtowers hides a completely different, ancient world with brave knights, archery and equestrian tournaments.
How to do?
1. Go to Kievan Rus Park, it is located outside Kiev, in the village of Kopachi. You can get there by bus from the Vydubychi metro station.
2. Bus will take you right to the main entrance at the huge gates.
3. Buy a ticket and come inside.
4. To your left you will see a platform for archery and throwing knives. Here you can demonstrate your accuracy :)
5. On the right is an old tavern, where you can try a soup, such as it was cooked a couple of hundred years ago.
6. Walk a little deeper and you will see the arena where the knightly duel will soon begin.
7. Take a seat on the tribune closer to the arena and enjoy the spectacular show.
Where to do?
Kievan Rus Park
The largest historical and entertainment center in Ukraine, where the architecture and atmosphere of the ancient Kiev was reconstructed with the maximum historical certainty.8
Kiev region, the village of Kopachi, Lenin Street 17-a.Open hours:
Daily from 10:00 am to 09:00 pm.Phone:
+38044 461 9937Official website: http://parkkyivrus.com/ua/
When to do?
Tournaments are held in the afternoon only on the weekends.
The entrance ticket to the park costs 150 hryvnias for adults and 50 hryvnias for children.
More things to do in Kiev
Try Ukrainian borscht
About this dish knows everyone who visits Ukraine. The famous soup has become a symbol of this country, and you should definitely try it. 5010
Climb Lysa Gora
Lysa Gora (Bald mountain) was a place of pagan worship. Under Peter the Great, fortification and an underground city were built here.FREE6Lysa Hora
Get into ukrainian mud hut
200 years ago, village dwelling on the territory of Ukraine was built from wood, clay and straw, which allowed to keep the house warm. 403Park Pirogovo
Horilka is a strong national Ukrainian beverage, which is an integral part of any solemn event. Taste it with salo! 157
Know more things to do?
Share your ideas of what to do in Kiev with other travellers — together we'll make our travellings more interesting!