Go back in time and see how in the old days brave knights fought for their honor, dignity and women's hearts.
In the Kievan Rus Park you will be able to travel in the past. You will get into the times of Vladimir the Great, where behind the high walls, the watchtowers hides a completely different, ancient world with brave knights, archery and equestrian tournaments.
How to do?
1. Go to Kievan Rus Park, it is located outside Kiev, in the village of Kopachi. You can get there by bus from the Vydubychi metro station.
2. Bus will take you right to the main entrance at the huge gates.
3. Buy a ticket and come inside.
4. To your left you will see a platform for archery and throwing knives. Here you can demonstrate your accuracy :)
5. On the right is an old tavern, where you can try a soup, such as it was cooked a couple of hundred years ago.
6. Walk a little deeper and you will see the arena where the knightly duel will soon begin.
7. Take a seat on the tribune closer to the arena and enjoy the spectacular show.
Where to do?
Kievan Rus Park
The largest historical and entertainment center in Ukraine, where the architecture and atmosphere of the ancient Kiev was reconstructed with the maximum historical certainty.7
Kiev region, the village of Kopachi, Lenin Street 17-a.Open hours:
Daily from 10:00 am to 09:00 pm.Phone:
+38044 461 9937Official website: http://parkkyivrus.com/ua/
When to do?
Tournaments are held in the afternoon only on the weekends.
The entrance ticket to the park costs 150 hryvnias for adults and 50 hryvnias for children.
More things to do in Kiev
Watch the dancing fountains
In summer a colorful music show is held in Kiev. Go straight to Maidan Nezalezhnosti to see it with your own eyes.FREE4
Try Chicken Kiev
The dish appeared in the restaurant "Kiev" in the 19th century and became popular due to its taste and the fact that it is insanely convenient to eat. 255
Dive in the ice-hole on Baptism
Dive three times into the water with the words "In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit" - you are healed from all ills.FREE7
Try «Kiev Perepichka »
Try the very first Ukrainian fast food and probably the cheapest one, which is prepared following the constant recipe for 35 years. 125Kiev perepichka
All Ukrainians love this drink, it can save you on hot days. It is kept in barrels and you can find it everywhere in the city in summer. 37
Fly on a hot air balloon
What? Haven't you seen Kiev from above? Run faster to the statue of Motherland. No. Stop! Appreciate the beauty of the city from a hot air balloon. 25003
Horilka is a strong national Ukrainian beverage, which is an integral part of any solemn event. Taste it with salo! 157
Know more things to do?
Share your ideas of what to do in Kiev with other travellers — together we'll make our travellings more interesting!