Go back in time and see how in the old days brave knights fought for their honor, dignity and women's hearts.
In the Kievan Rus Park you will be able to travel in the past. You will get into the times of Vladimir the Great, where behind the high walls, the watchtowers hides a completely different, ancient world with brave knights, archery and equestrian tournaments.
How to do?
1. Go to Kievan Rus Park, it is located outside Kiev, in the village of Kopachi. You can get there by bus from the Vydubychi metro station.
2. Bus will take you right to the main entrance at the huge gates.
3. Buy a ticket and come inside.
4. To your left you will see a platform for archery and throwing knives. Here you can demonstrate your accuracy :)
5. On the right is an old tavern, where you can try a soup, such as it was cooked a couple of hundred years ago.
6. Walk a little deeper and you will see the arena where the knightly duel will soon begin.
7. Take a seat on the tribune closer to the arena and enjoy the spectacular show.
Where to do?
Kievan Rus Park
The largest historical and entertainment center in Ukraine, where the architecture and atmosphere of the ancient Kiev was reconstructed with the maximum historical certainty.8
Kiev region, the village of Kopachi, Lenin Street 17-a.Open hours:
Daily from 10:00 am to 09:00 pm.Phone:
+38044 461 9937Official website: http://parkkyivrus.com/ua/
When to do?
Tournaments are held in the afternoon only on the weekends.
The entrance ticket to the park costs 150 hryvnias for adults and 50 hryvnias for children.
More things to do in Kiev
Try Chicken Kiev
The dish appeared in the restaurant "Kiev" in the 19th century and became popular due to its taste and the fact that it is insanely convenient to eat. 255
Try Ukrainian borscht
About this dish knows everyone who visits Ukraine. The famous soup has become a symbol of this country, and you should definitely try it. 5010
Find a hedgehog
Attention! Dangerous! The hedgehog season in Kiev just began. Small prickly creatures go out hunting and walk around the city. Do not become their prey.FREE11
Taste hot dumplings
Dumplings with meat, with potatoes, with cherries, with poppy seeds, with cottage cheese, with cabbage, with mushrooms, with everything - try them all! 256
Know more things to do?
Share your ideas of what to do in Kiev with other travellers — together we'll make our travellings more interesting!