Take a bottle of wine, some fruits and sweets and have a picnic right in the lilac garden.
Lilac garden - the most cozy part of Kiev botanical garden - is the excellent place to have a picnic.
Photo: Botanical Garden
Photo: Lilac garden
How to do?
1. Go to the botanical garden. First by metro to Pecherska station, and then by bus №62 or trolleybus №14 to the final stop "Botanical Garden".
2. Buy a ticket and come in.
3. You will see a huge fountain (by the way, a coin is thrown in it to return here, you can do this ritual on your way back).
Photo: The fountain in the botanical garden
4. Seven patches lead from the fountain, if you want to get into the lilac garden immediately, then take the third path on the left, but do not hurry and just stroll around the garden any way you want.
5. Go into the greenhouse, climb to the very top of the hill, and only then on the way back go into the garden of lilacs.
6. Get a blanket, wine and snacks.
Where to do?
You will find the green glades, fountains, greenhouses and a heady aroma of lilac, hydrangeas and tulips right in the center of Kiev.10
Tymirazivska Street, 1.Open hours:
From May to August, works from 08:30 am to 09:00 pm, from September to April - from 08:00 am until dusk. Monday and Tuesday are the days off.Phone:
+38 044 285-26-27Official website: http://www.nbg.kiev.ua
Entrance to the garden costs 40 hryvnias for adults and 20 hryvnias for children. Entrance to the greenhouse is paid separately - 10 hryvnias.
More things to do in Kiev
All Ukrainians love this drink, it can save you on hot days. It is kept in barrels and you can find it everywhere in the city in summer. 37
Try «Kiev Perepichka »
Try the very first Ukrainian fast food and probably the cheapest one, which is prepared following the constant recipe for 35 years. 125Kiev perepichka
Climb Lysa Gora
Lysa Gora (Bald mountain) was a place of pagan worship. Under Peter the Great, fortification and an underground city were built here.FREE6Lysa Hora
Taste hot dumplings
Dumplings with meat, with potatoes, with cherries, with poppy seeds, with cottage cheese, with cabbage, with mushrooms, with everything - try them all! 256
Know more things to do?
Share your ideas of what to do in Kiev with other travellers — together we'll make our travellings more interesting!