Take a couple of funny pictures with the centipede cat and go check out the rest of the installations.
Only the lazy one hasn`t taken a picture yet in the mouth of a huge centipede cat. And if it's scary to get inside, there are several blue kittens nearby, Cat-bench, Cheshire Cat, Little Prince and many other sculptures. One can also get interesting photos of them.
All these installations appeared here for a reason. The Art Museum in the open air was built at an important historical site. In 2012 the alley received the status of natural monument of local importance.
Two centipede cats 30 m long appeared in 2009. A talented sculptor created not only them, but also small mosaic kittens nearby. Both cats decorate the walls, open mouths widely and show their white teeth to the passersby.
How to do?
1. Go to the beginning of the alley. It's Bolshaya Zhytomyrska Street, 36 or 40, or Desyatinny Lane, 7a at the other end.
2. Find two blue cats on a concrete fence.
3. Take as many pictures as you want. It's absolutely free, as the entry to the territory of the art museum.
4. If you go from Bolshaya Zhytomyrska Street, at the opposite end you will find the linden that is more than 350 years old. It is believed that it was planted by Petro Mohyla himself. Touch the tree and make a wish.
5. There is also the observation deck. You can see not only the alley, but Podol, and the Dnieper from it.
Where to do?
One of the favorite places of kievans for a walk and guests of the capital. It turned into an unusual open-air art museum in less than 10 years.6
Location: Bolshaya Zhitomirskaya street, 36
Tips and hints
While going to the "cats", on the right side you can see the oldest staircase in Kiev, which is about 300 years old. Watch closely in order not to miss.
More things to do in Kiev
Find a hedgehog
Attention! Dangerous! The hedgehog season in Kiev just began. Small prickly creatures go out hunting and walk around the city. Do not become their prey.FREE11
All Ukrainians love this drink, it can save you on hot days. It is kept in barrels and you can find it everywhere in the city in summer. 37
Try «Kiev Perepichka »
Try the very first Ukrainian fast food and probably the cheapest one, which is prepared following the constant recipe for 35 years. 124Kiev perepichka
Try Chicken Kiev
The dish appeared in the restaurant "Kiev" in the 19th century and became popular due to its taste and the fact that it is insanely convenient to eat. 255
Ride on the funicular
Just three minutes trip by cable car - and you have memories of this unique and exciting form of transport for the rest of your life. 310Funicular
Horilka is a strong national Ukrainian beverage, which is an integral part of any solemn event. Taste it with salo! 157
Know more things to do?
Share your ideas of what to do in Kiev with other travellers — together we'll make our travellings more interesting!