Attention! Dangerous! The hedgehog season in Kiev just began. Small prickly creatures go out hunting and walk around the city. Do not become their prey.
A lot of terrible and dangerous animals divorce in the parks of Kiev. You just came to the park as a little fluffy redhead squirrel steals your nuts, and the sparrow chews the last slice of bread or French fries. But the most dangerous are hedgehogs - these little thorny creatures will shatter you on the spot with their cuteness!
Photo: This hedgehog has already chosen his victim. He's just looking at one!
How to do?
1. Combine your search of hedgehogs with a walk in the park or a picnic.
2. You will have no problems to find squirrels and sparrows, they will find you as soon as they hear the crunch of fresh baked goods in your hands.
3. As for the hedgehogs, they go out hunting at night, so you'll have to wait a little.
4. As soon as you hear a rustle in the nearest bush, be sure - it's a little hedgehog is searching for food.
5. Hedgehogs in Kiev are very shy :) so when you come up they will try to hide from the scene of crime or curl up into a ball.
6. Take a picture of a small ball of spines and don't forget to leave some food.
Tips and hints
Grab the flashlight!
More things to do in Kiev
Ride on the funicular
Just three minutes trip by cable car - and you have memories of this unique and exciting form of transport for the rest of your life. 310Funicular
Horilka is a strong national Ukrainian beverage, which is an integral part of any solemn event. Taste it with salo! 157
Watch the dancing fountains
In summer a colorful music show is held in Kiev. Go straight to Maidan Nezalezhnosti to see it with your own eyes.FREE4
Climb Lysa Gora
Lysa Gora (Bald mountain) was a place of pagan worship. Under Peter the Great, fortification and an underground city were built here.FREE6Lysa Hora
Know more things to do?
Share your ideas of what to do in Kiev with other travellers — together we'll make our travellings more interesting!