Dive into the Medieval history of Catalan capital, strolling along narrow and tight streets of the Gothic Quarter.
The Gothic Quarter is a place where the Catalan capital takes its origin from. The strets of the quarter are like a medieval misterious maze. It's like a piece of cake to get lost here, but it can be one of the most exciting adventures you've ever had.
Nets of the Gothic Quarter streets will spin you around Medieval Barcelona.
How to do?
1. Start your journey around the Gothic Quarter from Plaza Catalunya which is located on the right side of La Rambla boulevard
2. Stroll in the maze of narrow streets and hiden mysterious places.
3. Don't be in a rush and take a look at the Medieval buildings of the old town.
4. Reach the cathedral
and then go to the Plaça Sant Jaume where the city administration and the Parliament of Catalonia are located.
5. Then head for the Jewish Quarter; not far from it you'll see Roman columns - the only remnants of the ancient Temple of Augustus.
6. After an exciting walk you should definitely relax in one of the cafes where they serve traditional Spanish dishes.
Where to do?
A colourful place of the Old Town where narrow streets hides medieval buildings, the ruins of ancient temples and modern authentic cafes.6
Location: Gothic Quarter, Barcelona
More things to do in Barcelona
Order in the bar a traditional Spanish snack "tapas" - they are taken with the hands and from a common plate. 57
Order a special appetizer for beer in the bar of Barcelona - a sandwich with seafood, hamon or vegetables. You may also chose another componets.5
If you want to watch football with the Spaniards, do it with the cold beer and favorite among locals snacks - hot patties. 15
Know more things to do?
Share your ideas of what to do in Barcelona with other travellers — together we'll make our travellings more interesting!