recipes & lifehacks
Photo: Knights fighting for the lady's heart
How to do?
2. Take the train from Barcelona-Sants Train Station to Ostalrik (about an hour's drive), then take bus № 620 to Joan Maragall-Pl. De Lluís Companys.
3. Bear in mind, you need to arrive before 21:00, the performance begins at this time.
4. At the entrance you will be greeted by a count with a countess, they will give you a crown in one of four possible colors (it will remain as a souvenir) and do not forget to make a selfie with them.
5. Go to the Great Hall and take your seat on the podium corresponding to your crown color.
6. Now let the battle begin!
7. Watch how brave knights fighting for the heart of the lady, fighting on swords with shields, on horses and much more.
Photo: Storm of emotions :)
8. Have a dinner, a supper of meat, baked potatoes, several kinds of wine and soda will be brought to you. At the same time, there will not be any cutlery, you will have to eat by hands (as in the Middle Ages), so take a wet wipes with you in advance.
9. After the presentation, the audience chooses the best knight. So vote for the knight you like, let him receive the reward.
10. After the fight, use your free time to walk around the castle, make a couple of cool photos.
11. Then in the arena the best flamenco show in Spain will begin, you can stay if you want to. And where to hurry - your on a vacation :)
12. After a bright and incendiary show, you can even dance a little and take a couple of lessons from the best dancers in the city.
Where to do?
On the Costa Brava, in the town of Tordera the medieval castle of Count Valltordera is located, where you can see the jousting tournaments and the best flamenco show in Spain.8
Open hours: from 08:00 pm till 11:59 pm.
When to do?
• train from Barcelona-Sants to the city Hostalric - €6,15.
• bus to Joan Maragall – Pl. de Lluís Companys - €3.
• show without dinner - €40 - adult / €20 - children (5-10 years).
• show with dinner - €55 - adult / €27,50 - children (5-10 years).
• the VIP sector - €74/ €37 - children (5-10 years).
• children under 5 years - free entry.