Take a walk in the most unusual park in Barcelona created be Gaudi.
In this unusual park created by geniuses of architecture you feel like in the fairy tale of the brothers Grim. Everything here is made of forgiving materials, sometimes even waste and broken glass, but turned into masterpieces.
How to do?
1. Go to the area of Gracia, near the center of Barcelona.
2. It is best to start your walk from Olot Street. Two gingerbread houses will meet you right at the entrance - here is the house of the gatekeeper and the administration.
3. Next, go up the unusual staircase directly to the mosaic sculpture of the lizard. This sculpture is considered to be a symbol of Barcelona.
Photo: Lizard - the symbol of Barcelona, © Attila Szűcs
4. Immediately after it you will see the Doric temple "Hall of a hundred columns". In fact, there are only 86 and they all prop up the mosaic ceiling.
5. Then go up to the terrace at the top of the temple with an excellent viewing platform and an unusual bench of Gaudi
, which repeats the bends of the human body.
6. Following the temple in all directions, narrow paths run up that will lead you through the wonderful flora and fauna of the park.
7. Don't loose yourself in this fairytale.
Where to do?
Park decorated with the creative hand of the architect Gaudi, which gave the park the surrealistic motives till this days surprises with its beauty and originality.17
Location: Carrer d’Olot, 5, Barcelona
Open hours: Park is opened 08:30 am till 09:30 pm.
Most of the park is open for free visits, however, to see such exhibits as gingerbread houses and the Doric temple, you need to buy a ticket. The price is €8 (when you buy online - €7)
More things to do in Barcelona
The star of Catalan cuisine is a spicy chorizo - cured sausage with the paprika, which is worth a try on a par with the famous jamon. 312
Order a special appetizer for beer in the bar of Barcelona - a sandwich with seafood, hamon or vegetables. You may also chose another componets.5
Dive with sharks
Do you want to feel the adrenaline rush in Barcelona? Visit the famous Aquarium, where you can swim with dangerous sharks! 1506L’Aquàrium
Know more things to do?
Share your ideas of what to do in Barcelona with other travellers — together we'll make our travellings more interesting!