Tibidabo means "I give you" - words the devil told Jesus Christ trying to tempt him by beauty of the world.
The highest point of Barcelona, where the incredible Temple of the Sacred Heart is located with the statue of Jesus Christ towering over it. Go up the spiral staircase to the highest viewing platform in Catalonia and appreciate all the beauty of the coast, architecture and fairy tale of Barcelona.
How to do?
1. Go to the Tibidabo mountain (Plaça Tibidabo), 3-4.
2. There are several ways to do this:
• by bus from 12:00 to 22:00 (in season) with an interval of 15-20 minutes from Plaça Catalunya (€3 one way).
• by the blue tram (to the final station).
• by cable car or stairs, which can be reached by electric trains (lines S1 or S2).
3. There are many observation platforms here, but the most beautiful is certainly the upper one. You can get here only by elevator (€2), and from here you can go up the spiral staircase to the statue of Jesus Christ and appreciate the beauty of Barcelona from its highest point.
4. In addition, do not forget to have a ride on the attractions located on top of the mountain. Some of them will hire you right above the precipice.
Where to do?
The mountain is located at an altitude of 512 meters above sea and it's the highest point of Barcelona famous for the Temple of the Sacred Heart and the amusement park.10
More things to do in Barcelona
Dive with sharks
Do you want to feel the adrenaline rush in Barcelona? Visit the famous Aquarium, where you can swim with dangerous sharks! 1506L’Aquàrium
The star of Catalan cuisine is a spicy chorizo - cured sausage with the paprika, which is worth a try on a par with the famous jamon. 312
Order in the bar a traditional Spanish snack "tapas" - they are taken with the hands and from a common plate. 56
Order a special appetizer for beer in the bar of Barcelona - a sandwich with seafood, hamon or vegetables. You may also chose another componets.4
Know more things to do?
Share your ideas of what to do in Barcelona with other travellers — together we'll make our travellings more interesting!