recipes & lifehacks
Photo: The very first Formula 1 race started at the dayligth, and ended late evening, © Paolo Rosa
Between Formula 1 race cup championship, Yas Marina Circuit is free, and it means you can drive Formula Yas 3000 iconic race car, also Aston Martin, Chevrolet Camaro and Ferrari 458GT sports cars.
Photo: Formula Yas 3000, © Rachel Clarke
Four more cars will take the circuit with you just to get thrill of the race and competitive spirit.
How to do?
2. To get behind the race car's wheel you've got to have international driver's license and sufficient driving experience. If you are technically challenged, take a private driving class with an instructor (1500 dirhams, book in advance), or you'll be just a co-driver on a passenger seat.
3. Instructor greets an experienced driver, gives out a uniform and a helmet, and instructions - instructor will drive you in a Renault Sport car along all the way, show turns and manoeuvres on the route. Then he'll guide Formula Yas 3000 race car itinerary and let you behind the wheel - start up an engine and hit the gas! Formula 1 session lasts one hour - the same time as Grand Prix race.
Photo: Abu Dhabi, Yas Marina Circuit, © Beric | Flickr
Where to do?
The place of the first Formula 1 race, where the cars move counter-clockwise and can gather speed to 360 km/h.11
Phone: +971 0 2 659 9800
Official website: https://www.yasmarinacircuit.com/en
When to do?
Tips and hints
• Take clothes covering arms and legs.
• There is no refund. In case of bad weather conditions the race is rescheduled to another date.
• Be careful, hydraulics of the wheel in a race car is high - sudden and quick movements can throw you off a course.