You can try exotic Emirati dessert in arabic cafe "The Majlis" – camel milk ice-cream.
At Dubai Mall
, the largest shopping mall in the center of Dubai there is the very first cafe in the emirates, where they started to offer the desserts with camel milk, including ice cream, to the guests. It has a vanilla-creamy taste. It`s very light and healthy - it has much more iron, vitamins B and C than cow's milk.
Photo: Cafe Majlis
How to do?
1. Camel milk ice cream is now sold in the UAE supermarkets and cafes of the network The Majlis. One of these cafes is located in Dubai Mall.
2. Take the subway to Burj Khalifa or Dubai Mall Metro Station.
3. You will find The Majlis in the area of the old market (Old Souk) on the ground floor of Dubai Mall. It is an open-air cafe right in the center of the hall where many shops are located. Tables are placed around the fountain, and there are statues of camels standing or sitting on the rugs.
Photo: Statues of camels
4. There are three kinds of ice cream with camel milk - vanilla, chocolate and with crumbs and caramel (it`s called "speculatius").
5. If you like the taste, try other camel milk desserts - chocolate, cakes, cocktails.
Where to do?
The Majlis café
In the luxurious atmosphere of Majlis café you can taste original dishes: coffee, shakes, hot chocolate and ice cream made of camel milk.33
Location: in the Dubai Mall
Open hours: Daily from 10:00 am till 11:00 pm.
When to do?
The cafe is open daily from 10:00 to 23:00.
More things to do in Dubai
Try wadi bashing
Four wheels plus tricky road equals mind-blowing adventure! For thrill-seekers only! Get ready to charge your batteries!26Hatta Wadi
Making a list of souvenirs from Dubai, do not forget to include a box of dates in it. These juicy fruits have a bunch of useful properties, they satisfy hunger and are insanely delicious. 6029Spice Souk
Adorn your body with beautiful and eye-catching pattern - traditional Arabic body painting with henna. Spectacular and unusual! 5012
Walking through the desert Rub-al-Khali, try to find this reptile. You will recognize it by yellow color and a thick, spiked tail.FREE13Rub' al Khali desert
Try an unusual sport — «parachute swimming» or parasailing that combines yachting and skydiving. Feel yourself like a sky conqueror!17
Try water skiing
Feel the rush, conquer the water element: indulge yourself in water skiing at beautiful and well-equipped Al Mamzar Park. 821
Know more things to do?
Share your ideas of what to do in Dubai with other travellers — together we'll make our travellings more interesting!