Try the Mojito? - No, it's for weaklings, in Lviv they serve a cocktail "Mazohito", in the famous Masoch-Cafe.
Inhabitants of Lviv manage to turn ordinary things into something unique and unusual. So you can say about the famous cafe "Masoch". It surprises not only with its exterior and interior, but also with the names of dishes and drinks on the menu. One of the most popular is the "Masochito" cocktail, and although the ingredients are the same as in the usual "Mojito" cocktail, but when you drink it here, it seems that a secret ingredient was added.
How to do?
1. Go to the Masoch-Cafe in the center of the city on Serbska Street 7.
2. At the entrance you will meet Leopold von Sacher-Masoch himself. If you put your hand in his pocket - wait for a surprise :)
3. Go inside the door in the shape of a keyhole, you will find a waitress waiting just for you and then the fun begins. If you want to, she will take you to the basement, shackle you and try some torture instruments on you, and only after that she will let you to sit down at your table :)
4. This red book with chains, trimmed with black fur - this is the menu. Discover and read all the names, they're just hilarious.
5. Among the cocktails you will find "Mazohito" somewhere between "Wet Pleasure" and "Sweet Culmination".
Where to do?
What is special about this cafe? Maybe waiters... they are not rude and do not cheat, they just grab you at the entrance, drag to the basement, chain and beat you with a whip.18
More things to do in Lviv
Take a horse carriage ride
To get soaked with the city of medieval period, take a horse carriage ride around historical places of amazing Lviv. 10004
Attend Alfa Jazz Fest
Let yourself go to the jazz music at one of the best European festivals. Listen to classical music and latest jazz hits from around the world. 2505
Visit Olesko Castle
Solve the secrets and mysteries of the ancient Lviv castle, located on the top of the hill, where the kings lived and history was made. 204Olesko Castle
Benzinovka is a signature Lviv drink with a strange name, that sometimes misleads inexperienced travelers. 146Kryivka
Find the yard of lost toys
Find the courtyard in Lviv, where thousands of toys are lonely waiting for their master. Take a picture or shelter a little plush animal or a doll :)FREE5Yard of Lost Toys
Try Lviv chocoladka
Lviv chokoladka is a chocolate that gives birth to a symphony of taste that evokes the most pleasant childhood memories. 35
Climb the Town Hall
1,2,3,4,5 ... 303 ... 398 ... 407 - you're almost there! You need to overcome 408 steps to appreciate the magnificent view of Lviv. 2014
Climb the High Castle
High Castle is a quiet, shady, spacious park within walking distance of the city center, on a high mountain, with panoramic view of the city.FREE11Lviv High Castle
Know more things to do?
Share your ideas of what to do in Lviv with other travellers — together we'll make our travellings more interesting!