High Castle is a quiet, shady, spacious park within walking distance of the city center, on a high mountain, with panoramic view of the city.
If you already climbed the Lviv Town Hall
and appreciated an amazing view of the city from there, then it's time to climb up the High Castle to see the city of lions from its highest point (from a height of 413 meters above sea level).
How to do?
1. Go to the High Castle, it is seen from any point of the city.
2. The route from the center will take about 25 minutes walk.
3. Next you need to overcome several hundred steps, and then a little more on the paved path and you're at the target!
4. Do not forget to grab a camera to make some fascinating snapshots of the city.
5. By the way, here you can also rent binocular to look at Lviv through magnifying glass to see all its cozy streets, secrets and mysterious.
Where to do?
Lviv High Castle
By the way, this mountain is not that hight, and the castle was destroyed long time ago - only ruins left, but the view from its top is absolutely amazing.14
More things to do in Lviv
Attend Alfa Jazz Fest
Let yourself go to the jazz music at one of the best European festivals. Listen to classical music and latest jazz hits from around the world. 2505
Try Lviv beer
Learn the secret of the birth of this drink, inhale the smell of hops and malt, touch the history of creation and feel the magic taste of beer. 1510Brewery Museum
Visit Olesko Castle
Solve the secrets and mysteries of the ancient Lviv castle, located on the top of the hill, where the kings lived and history was made. 204Olesko Castle
Find Lviv lions
The biggest collection of lions are kept in Lviv. No wonder, it is the city of the gorgeous animal. Set off for an exciting search of the city symbol.10
Drink Lviv coffee
It is said that coffee is an integral part of Lviv, and it is not surprising, because it is born directly under the feet of local residents. 258
Know more things to do?
Share your ideas of what to do in Lviv with other travellers — together we'll make our travellings more interesting!