High Castle is a quiet, shady, spacious park within walking distance of the city center, on a high mountain, with panoramic view of the city.
If you already climbed the Lviv Town Hall
and appreciated an amazing view of the city from there, then it's time to climb up the High Castle to see the city of lions from its highest point (from a height of 413 meters above sea level).
How to do?
1. Go to the High Castle, it is seen from any point of the city.
2. The route from the center will take about 25 minutes walk.
3. Next you need to overcome several hundred steps, and then a little more on the paved path and you're at the target!
4. Do not forget to grab a camera to make some fascinating snapshots of the city.
5. By the way, here you can also rent binocular to look at Lviv through magnifying glass to see all its cozy streets, secrets and mysterious.
Where to do?
Lviv High Castle
By the way, this mountain is not that hight, and the castle was destroyed long time ago - only ruins left, but the view from its top is absolutely amazing.14
More things to do in Lviv
Try Lviv chocoladka
Lviv chokoladka is a chocolate that gives birth to a symphony of taste that evokes the most pleasant childhood memories. 35
Benzinovka is a signature Lviv drink with a strange name, that sometimes misleads inexperienced travelers. 146Kryivka
Find the yard of lost toys
Find the courtyard in Lviv, where thousands of toys are lonely waiting for their master. Take a picture or shelter a little plush animal or a doll :)FREE5Yard of Lost Toys
Visit the Christmas Market
On December 29, the Day of Saint Nicholas, the main festive Christmas tree lights up its garlands and at the same time the Christmas Market begins.FREE3Lviv Opera House
Climb the Town Hall
1,2,3,4,5 ... 303 ... 398 ... 407 - you're almost there! You need to overcome 408 steps to appreciate the magnificent view of Lviv. 2014
Drink Lviv coffee
It is said that coffee is an integral part of Lviv, and it is not surprising, because it is born directly under the feet of local residents. 258
Know more things to do?
Share your ideas of what to do in Lviv with other travellers — together we'll make our travellings more interesting!