Place that used to be a closed down cemetery now is a park where you can enjoy tranquility and feed snow white birds.
Feeding swans in Stryiskyi park is as entertaining as feeding pigeons on the main square in Venice. White swimming birds won't let you pass by. Heading to Stryiskyi park, all the visitors' main thing to do is to watch gorgeous birds and feed them.
Photo: Swans in Stryiskyi park
How to do?
1. Swans pond is situated in Stryiskyi park. You can get here from Ivan Franko, Stryiskaia, Ulasa Samchuka and Koselnytska streets.
2. If you enter the park from Stryiskaia street, you'll see arched gates.
3. Come into the park. Going ahead you'll see a pond and swans.
4. Take some food and treat the birds. Few people know, but it's not recommended to feed bread to swans. It's better to grab some fresh or boiled vegetables.
5. Having fed the feathered, don't hurry to leave the park. Take a walk around and you'll see some more interestig things: for example, the kids railway and wooden church.
Where to do?
The biggest park in Lviv with its well-groomed alleys and lake with snow-white swams makes the urbanistic city landscapes more attractive and beautiful.9
Location: between Ivan Franko, Stryiskaia, Ulasa Samchuka and Koselnytska streets
More things to do in Lviv
Climb the Town Hall
1,2,3,4,5 ... 303 ... 398 ... 407 - you're almost there! You need to overcome 408 steps to appreciate the magnificent view of Lviv. 2014
Visit the Christmas Market
On December 29, the Day of Saint Nicholas, the main festive Christmas tree lights up its garlands and at the same time the Christmas Market begins.FREE3Lviv Opera House
Drink Lviv coffee
It is said that coffee is an integral part of Lviv, and it is not surprising, because it is born directly under the feet of local residents. 258
Benzinovka is a signature Lviv drink with a strange name, that sometimes misleads inexperienced travelers. 146Kryivka
Attend Alfa Jazz Fest
Let yourself go to the jazz music at one of the best European festivals. Listen to classical music and latest jazz hits from around the world. 2505
Try Lviv chocoladka
Lviv chokoladka is a chocolate that gives birth to a symphony of taste that evokes the most pleasant childhood memories. 35
Try Lviv beer
Learn the secret of the birth of this drink, inhale the smell of hops and malt, touch the history of creation and feel the magic taste of beer. 1510Brewery Museum
Climb the High Castle
High Castle is a quiet, shady, spacious park within walking distance of the city center, on a high mountain, with panoramic view of the city.FREE11Lviv High Castle
Know more things to do?
Share your ideas of what to do in Lviv with other travellers — together we'll make our travellings more interesting!