Solve the secrets and mysteries of the ancient Lviv castle, located on the top of the hill, where the kings lived and history was made.
Here you can find thousands of amazing exhibits: ancient icons, sculptures, paintings of great artists and sculptors, antique furniture and many other valuable historical monuments and objects. The history of times is hidden here.
Photo: Olesko Castle, © Ingvar Shapik
How to do?
1. Olesko Castle is located outside the city, in the village of Olesko.
2. You can get here from the bus station by bus or by hitchhiking.
3. The castle can be seen from far away, when you find yourself in its surroundings, climb up the hill and enter through the main gates.
4. To go inside you need to buy a ticket, you can do it on the spot.
5. Take a walk through the halls, see all the exhibits presented.
Photo: Olesko Castle, © Bo&Ko
6. Then walk along the wooden bridge, take some pictures (beautiful view is seen from here), find some hidden Lviv lions
and rest on the benches in the shade of trees near the walls of the majestic castle.
Where to do?
Olesko Castle is an echo of time and centuries, shrouded by secrets and mysteries where old Lviv legends were born and history was written.7
Location: near the village of Olesko. Busskogo district.
Open hours: Daily from 10:00 am to 06:15 pm.
Phone: +38 032 64 25193
More things to do in Lviv
Try Lviv chocoladka
Lviv chokoladka is a chocolate that gives birth to a symphony of taste that evokes the most pleasant childhood memories. 35
Climb the Town Hall
1,2,3,4,5 ... 303 ... 398 ... 407 - you're almost there! You need to overcome 408 steps to appreciate the magnificent view of Lviv. 2014
Take a horse carriage ride
To get soaked with the city of medieval period, take a horse carriage ride around historical places of amazing Lviv. 10004
Visit the Christmas Market
On December 29, the Day of Saint Nicholas, the main festive Christmas tree lights up its garlands and at the same time the Christmas Market begins.FREE3Lviv Opera House
Try Lviv beer
Learn the secret of the birth of this drink, inhale the smell of hops and malt, touch the history of creation and feel the magic taste of beer. 1510Brewery Museum
Climb the High Castle
High Castle is a quiet, shady, spacious park within walking distance of the city center, on a high mountain, with panoramic view of the city.FREE11Lviv High Castle
Know more things to do?
Share your ideas of what to do in Lviv with other travellers — together we'll make our travellings more interesting!