Travel to Istanbul will seem to be incomplete without the emotions that can be obtained from a walk among the strait connecting Europe and Asia.
The Bosphorus is a beautiful natural water boundary between two completely different worlds - Europe and Asia, which connects the Black Sea and the Sea of Marmara. On its banks the numerous castles, palaces, villas and mansions of Turkish money-bags in all their gloss and beauty are placed, as well as countless shady parks and dense forests that are pleasant to gawk from the water.
Photo: Tour of the Bosphorus, © AnnaSle
How to do?
1. Go to the Eminenu district on the pier of Bogas Iskilesi.
2. Several traditional ferries depart from here. Choose one of them to have a ride along the Bosphorus.
3. Buy a ticket and go on board. Rise to the upper deck, in order to have a better viewpoint at the beautiful coast.
When to do?
• at 10:35 am and 01:45 pm, municipal ships with a long route leave from here.
• private vessels leave at 14:30 (short route).
• and the so-called "mehtap gezisi" or a walk in the moonlight begins at 07:15 pm, and the ferry arrives at 11:40 pm.
Photo: Ferry in the evening on the Bosphorus
A trip on a municipal ferry costs 15 liras one way and 25 for round trip, a private - 15 liras and an overnight tour costs 20 liras.
Tips and hints
It is better to grab some water and snacks, and the windbreaker will be not excess.
More things to do in Istanbul
If you are a cat - move to Istanbul and you will have a full and happy life, because cats here are full-fledged citizens, locals take care and love them.FREE4
Smoke Turkish hookah
Smell of tobacco, thick smoke filling the room and fragrant tea are waiting for you in a Turkish hookah bar. 102
Taste Turkish dessert - kanafeh
A hot crusty flavored with love dessert, with a piece of cheese melted inside in tasty syrup hides the secret of true pleasure. 24
Know more things to do?
Share your ideas of what to do in Istanbul with other travellers — together we'll make our travellings more interesting!