recipes & lifehacks
Photo: Cats in the Kadıköy district
Here you will remain without money after visiting local markets, where unique handmade jewelry is sold, designer clothes, antiques and many other interesting things that can not be found in any other place. The local restaurant serves the most delicious dishes according to old Ottoman recipes, and the choice of sweets will surprise even the most demanding gourmets.
Photo: Art gallery in the Kadıköy district
And of course, if you wish to know your fate you will have such an opportunity. It is not difficult to find local mediums or fortune-tellers who, for a small fee, will read your fortune on the coffee grounds.
Photo: I see that you will have a long and happy life :), © hellimli
How to do?
2. Find the nearest pier (Besiktas, Kabatash, Karakoy or Eminonyu).
Photo: Quay in the Kadıköy district
3. Before you buy a ticket, specify the direction, otherwise you risk to find yourself somewhere on the local islands :)
4. When you reach the destination, you should definitely visit the gallery and look at the works of art made by local artists or visit the most amazing Armenian church.
5. Visit the second-hand booksellers shop or an antique one.
6. Take a walk along the old streets or have a dinner in any cozy cafe. And if you will have an inspiration, visit the local fortune-teller and find out your destiny on the coffee grounds.
Where to do?
The oldest district of Istanbul, where you can find absolutely amazing things: antiques, paintings, the most authentic things, handmade goods and much more.9