The undeground cable car will take you to the top of the highest hill in Athens. 210 metres right inside the hill!
A trip by cable car in Athens is a fun and fast way to get to the top of the highest Mount Lycabettus, from where you can see a unique view of the city.
Photo: View from the top of the hill
How to do?
1. Get the Evangelismos metro station (blue line).
2. Then along Ploutarchou Street reach the lower cable car station.
3. Buy a ticket at the entrance.
4. Take one of 34 places and overcome the distance of 210 meters to the top of the hill.
5. Here you will find the view-point, the restaurant and the theatre.
Photo: Cable car
5. Go down the stairs on foot to contemplate the hill not only from the inside, but also from the outside :-)
Where to do?
Cable car in Athens is the fastest and most convenient and safe way to climb to the top of Mount Lycabettus with an incredible view on the city.10
Kolonaki district (Mount Lycabettus).Open hours:
In summer the cable car runs from 08:30 am to 03:30 pm. Without days off, every half an hour, and with a large number of tourists, the interval reduces by 10 minutes.Phone:
+30 21 0721 0701Official website: http://www.lycabettushill.com/cable-car
A one way ticket costs €7. On Thursday and Friday the funicular runs for free.
More things to do in Athens
Traditional Greek soup on chicken broth with rise, eggs and lemon juice. It is so delicious that you can not resist the supplement. 47
Taste Mullus barbatus
Greece is known for not only its paradise islands, but also for its exquisite food. Greek cuisine is a must-taste for all travelers. 106
Try Greek moussaka
Deliciously layered roasted eggplant, seasoned meat and potatoes, topped with our bechamel sauce, this is fantastic Greek dish moussaka. Just taste it! 46
Souvlaki - a typical Greek fast food - is fried meat on skewers, which can be ordered at any cafe, restaurant or diner. 23
Know more things to do?
Share your ideas of what to do in Athens with other travellers — together we'll make our travellings more interesting!