Get soaked with cultural life of Tbilisi taking a walk along the main street of the city - theters, museums and Georgian atmosphere.
On the main street of Tbilisi life is always on. By day people are in a rush on business and by night one can watch everyone strolling. Walking down Rustaveli Avenue in Tbilisi is like walking down the Avenue des Champs-Élysées in Paris. Aquaintance with the capital of Georgia starts with a walk along Rustaveli avenue.
How to do?
1. Start your walk from the Freedom Square. To get here, head to the metro station with the same name. Here you'll see a garden square with a beautiful fountain and the bust of Pushkin that used to face to a tavern. Later the tavern was demolished and Pushkin "turned" to the Art Museum of Georgia.
2. Then pop into the art shop where different exhibitions constantly take place.
3. You should definitely visit Rustaveli National Theatre where the most outstanding actors of Georgia performed.
4. Here you'll also find shops of mineral water - "Lagidze" and "Borjomi". You can't just past by without popping into.
5. Having walked down one side of the street go to another - so-called trade-side. Here you'll find lots of shops, souvenir stalls, cafes and restaurants.
Where to do?
The main street in Tbilisi - Rustaveli Avenue is one and a half kilometer of culture of Tbilisi, history and Georgian authenticity.3