recipes & lifehacks
Now you can meet travelers from Ukraine, Russia, the United States and many other countries, strolling down the ruins. That`s why many cozy cafes and restaurants were opened near the entrance to the old town.
How to do?
2. Observe all the interesting places of the city on your own or hire a guide.
3. Visit the Jvari Monastery on the top of the mountain, from which you can see the splendid view of the confluence of two rivers - Kura and Aragvi, and Mtskheta itself. This picturesque landscape often placed on the postcards and other Georgian souvenirs.
Photo: Merging of Kura and Aragvi.
4. Have a look at the Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, in which the Chiton of the Lord is buried.
5. Do not forget to walk along the partially destroyed Pompey's Bridge, built as far back as 65 BC.
6. Do not forget to take a photo of all these places.
Where to do?
The ruins of ancient Mtskheta near Tbilisi is a World Heritage Site. The locals call it "Our Jerusalem" for a large concentration of religious monuments.10
Open hours: Mn-Sn: 10:00-19:00