Adventure Rating in DubaiTOP-79 adventure's step-by-step
recipes & lifehacks
Daily the dancing fountain in Dubai, 275 meters long, firing tons of water into the air, creates the illusion of figures moving to the music and light of thousands of searchlights.
Photo © emiratka
Construction was announced in 2008. The WET company, already known through the whole world for a grandiose child in front of the five-star hotel-casino Bellagio in Las Vegas began to create 8th miracle of the world.
The construction of the Dubai Fountain began simultaneously with the competition for the best name. Hundreds of contestants submitted their applications and after 3 months the winner was chosen. He received financial rewards, and the dancing light and music fountain acquired the name - The Dubai Fountain.
Only a year after it delighted the audience with a spectacular show at the opening of Dubai Mall.
Photo © GoinW
25 musical compositions make up the soundtrack of dancing fountain. It sings with the voice of famous artists such as Whitney Houston, Adele, Alla Pugacheva and Michael Jackson. Creates moving, running human images and figures under the soundtracks of world-famous films and serials.
On weekends, the last show ends with the performance under the United Arab Emir's hymn. The sky is illuminated with four colors of the national flag symbolizing the unity of the Arab people.
Photo: Show of singing fountains, © Intiz
• In the arsenal of the dancing fountain in Dubai there are 6,600 point and 25 colored spotlights which create visual effects in the starry sky and on water dust.
• Jets or literally pillars of water sometimes reach a height of more than 150 meters, although the creators claim - The Dubai Fountain is able to shoot water to 270 meters height.
• The rays of light created by the searchlights of a musical miracle can be seen at a distance of 32 kilometers.
• In only one second, a singing fountain can simultaneously raise up to 80 tons of water.
• Construction of a reservoir, a fountain, a filtration and water purification system costed $218 million.
• In 2010, in addition to a light and musical show, the Dubai fountain gained the opportunity to create smoke effects and spew fire (for the first time demonstrating its new features at the celebration of the New Year 2011).
Photo © emiratka
The Dubai Fountain creates an amazing tandem of water, light and music every day amazing thousands of travelers with a truly large-scale and unforgettable show.
Photo © BenI
How to get here: by bus No.27, 29 or 13 to the Dubai Mall or Burj Khalifa stop or by metro (stations with the same names).
Things to do here 2
Look how the fountain jets draw fancy colored patterns, flying up to a height of 150 meters. It`s an absolute stunner.FREE37
Performance of the highest fountain in the world! Take front-row seats to see the best show in town!AED 6535
Share your ideas of what to do in Dubai with other travellers — together we'll make our travellings more interesting!