Take a bath in a curative waters of spring where Queen of Egypt Cleopatra used to like to rejuvenate.
Among all the hot springs in Pamukkale Cleopatra's Antique Pool is the most popular one.
Formerly it was called Roman or Antique pool as emperors used to like to relax and treat here. But in XX century the pool got more appealing name. Thus the legend was made up saying that Cleopatra took a bath in this spring to be young and beautiful.
How to do?
1. Head to Pamukkale. It is located 250 kilometers from Antalya and 18 kilometers from Denizli. You'll find the hot spring situated right here.
2. The pool is divided into two parts - deep one and shallow one. In the deep part there is a pump through which thermal mineral water spouts. In the shallow part water is not so hot and here swimming with children is more comfortable.
3. Find free place and get into the spring. But be careful, on the bottom of the pool there are ruins of a porch that were destroyed by an earthquake, they can be slippery and sgharp.
4. Even if you happen to be here in winter it's not a problem to take off clothes and take a bath here. The temperature of the water in the bool is never below 35 degrees.
5. The water here is mineralized and bathing with bubbles is double pleasure.
Where to do?
A museum that was created by nature. Pamukkale is a fantastic phenomenon with calcium "snow" cascades and ruins of ancient tow.5
Entering the pool territory is free, but if you want to take a bath it will cost 32 liras for adults and 10 liras for children.
More things to do in Marmaris
Walk through the alley of love
Do you want your love to last forever? accotding to the legend, it's easy - you just have to walk along the alley holding hands.FREE8Alley of love
Taste pine honey
There are so many kinds of honey that it is impossible to count them, but in Marmaris you can try amazing, the most delicious coniferous pine honey. 47
Visit Nimara Cave
Mysterious legends and secrets of Nimara cave make all the globetrotters hit not an easy road to explore the place.3Nimara Cave
Eat chorba for dinner
Ttraditional turkish soup chorba is very nutritious, gives strength, and even helps to cope with the hangover. 55
Buy Turkish carpet
The Turkish carpet is not a relic of the past, it is a unique handmade product that will decorate any interior. 3004
Swim at the island of Cleopatra
Swim in the Aegean Sea, by the island that used to belong to Cleopatra. Touch the sand, strictly guarded by the locals, which is forbidden to be taken out. 105Icmeler resort
Try Turkish breakfast
Traditional Turkish breakfast is taken slowly and with family. On the table you will certainly find eggs, bagels with sesame and black tea. 205
Shamballi is a sweet, glazed with syrup crumbly dessert with pleasant notes of citrus made of semolina. 25
Ride in dolmuş
Ride in a local dolmuş is a great way to reach any place in the city or its suburbs quickly, inexpensively and colorfully. 58
Know more things to do?
Share your ideas of what to do in Marmaris with other travellers — together we'll make our travellings more interesting!