The Turkish carpet is not a relic of the past, it is a unique handmade product that will decorate any interior.
It may seem that the Turkish carpet is just a simple piece of fabric, but look closer and you will see that it is a unique piece of art from perfectly woven threads. And someones bare hands worked on it for days, sometimes months or even years.
How to do?
1. Visit any local bazaar or go to a specialized carpet store.
2. Choose only handmade carpets, because you do not need a Chinese counterfeit for a lot of money.
3. Consult the seller about the motives depicted on the carpet, often woven on it means some event from the life of the person who created this small masterpiece of art.
4. Choose your favorite color, texture, drink tea with the seller, talk about life.
4. Bargain before buying, but be ready to pay from $100 to $1000 for a carpet.
More things to do in Marmaris
Try Turkish breakfast
Traditional Turkish breakfast is taken slowly and with family. On the table you will certainly find eggs, bagels with sesame and black tea. 205
Visit Nimara Cave
Mysterious legends and secrets of Nimara cave make all the globetrotters hit not an easy road to explore the place.3Nimara Cave
Taste pine honey
There are so many kinds of honey that it is impossible to count them, but in Marmaris you can try amazing, the most delicious coniferous pine honey. 47
Ride in dolmuş
Ride in a local dolmuş is a great way to reach any place in the city or its suburbs quickly, inexpensively and colorfully. 58
Eat chorba for dinner
Ttraditional turkish soup chorba is very nutritious, gives strength, and even helps to cope with the hangover. 55
Walk through the alley of love
Do you want your love to last forever? accotding to the legend, it's easy - you just have to walk along the alley holding hands.FREE8Alley of love
Shamballi is a sweet, glazed with syrup crumbly dessert with pleasant notes of citrus made of semolina. 25
Swim at the island of Cleopatra
Swim in the Aegean Sea, by the island that used to belong to Cleopatra. Touch the sand, strictly guarded by the locals, which is forbidden to be taken out. 105Icmeler resort
Know more things to do?
Share your ideas of what to do in Marmaris with other travellers — together we'll make our travellings more interesting!