Ride in a local dolmuş is a great way to reach any place in the city or its suburbs quickly, inexpensively and colorfully.
Dolmus is a small, cozy minivan which you can find on almost every street in the city. In translation from Turkish it means stuffed or crowded, by tradition a peculiar bus starts to move from the place only when all the seats are occupied.
How to do?
1. Choose the direction in which you want to go. Carefully study the route (it is written directly on the windshield).
2. If you are not at the final stop, but somewhere in the middle of the route, it's enough just to wave your hand so that the driver stoped and you could get in.
3. Prepare money in advance and preferably without change, the average price is from 3 to 7 liras.
4. When the minibus starts - pay the fare.
5. You will never forget such a colorful ride, especially if you decide to ride in a crowded dolt-bus at rush hour.
More things to do in Marmaris
Shamballi is a sweet, glazed with syrup crumbly dessert with pleasant notes of citrus made of semolina. 25
Swim at the island of Cleopatra
Swim in the Aegean Sea, by the island that used to belong to Cleopatra. Touch the sand, strictly guarded by the locals, which is forbidden to be taken out. 105Icmeler resort
Buy Turkish carpet
The Turkish carpet is not a relic of the past, it is a unique handmade product that will decorate any interior. 3004
Taste pine honey
There are so many kinds of honey that it is impossible to count them, but in Marmaris you can try amazing, the most delicious coniferous pine honey. 47
Visit Nimara Cave
Mysterious legends and secrets of Nimara cave make all the globetrotters hit not an easy road to explore the place.3Nimara Cave
Try Turkish breakfast
Traditional Turkish breakfast is taken slowly and with family. On the table you will certainly find eggs, bagels with sesame and black tea. 205
Eat chorba for dinner
Ttraditional turkish soup chorba is very nutritious, gives strength, and even helps to cope with the hangover. 55
Walk through the alley of love
Do you want your love to last forever? accotding to the legend, it's easy - you just have to walk along the alley holding hands.FREE8Alley of love
Know more things to do?
Share your ideas of what to do in Marmaris with other travellers — together we'll make our travellings more interesting!