recipes & lifehacks
How to do?
Photo: Preparation before diving on Gran Roque island
2. There are a few diving spots on Gran Roque island:
• Los Roques Cueva de los Sabalos in northwest of the island. It'll suit perfectly for both newcomers and skilled divers - it's possible to dive 20 meters deep down the wall covered with corals. At a depth of 15 meters there is underground cave Los Sabalos with colorful fish.
Photo: Diving on Gran Roque island, © The Adventure Junkies
• West reef barrier Boca del Medio. Here you can dive in north part of the reef down to 10-40 meters. There is a risk to face with a shark.
• La Piedra de La Guasa is the best place for diving around the archipelago that is placed in northwest bank on Gran Roque island. Underwater you can see coral pillars up to 35 meters high, tropical fish shoals and even gigantic barracuda. Visibility is up to 30 meters.
3. You can stay overnight in "posads" - family hotels.
Where to do?
Archipelago is placed 160 kilometers from Venezuela mainland. It consists of 350 islands and reefs. You can get here by plane from Caracas or Margarita island.2
Two-day diving (1 dive a day) including equipment rent, transfer and instructor service - from $100 per person.
Accommodation - from $50 to $200 per person for one night (depending on kind of accommodation.