recipes & lifehacks
Arch in a rock, of natural origin, is the largest in the world - 131 meters in height and about 57 meters in width. Due to the frequent atmospheric precipitation,here is a thick haze in the form of clouds - hence the name "heavenly" or "magical" arch.
How to do?
Photo: © mkang_iamadreamer | Flickr
• You may get to the top of the mountain on the world's longest cable car (7455 meters) - 35 minutes uphill, then a few meters down the path.
• Or take a bus on the 99 Bending Road which is 9 kilometres in length (one more adventure!). Than, go upstairs of 999 steps.
Photo: 99 Bending Road
Photo: 999 steps before the top of the Tianmen Mountain, © Kuruman | Flickr
2. The mountain is surrounded on its right by a glass walkway (The Glass Sky Walk) at an altitude of 1430 meters and 60 meters in length - go down the path, buy shoes' covers at the entrance for CNY5 and go for a walk over the abyss (look down if you dare).
3. An escalator leads to the Heaven's Gate (admission cost is covered by the ticket price), followed by an escalator for 35 yuan inside the mountain or the same ladder of 999 steps (this time downhill).
4. To go down "from heaven to earth", to the beginning of the route, take a return bus on 99 Bending Road.
Where to do?
The height of the Tianmen Mountain is 1519 meters. The world's longest ropeway, which consists of 98 wagons, leads to the top of the mountain, and the glass path surrounds its full-circle.19
When to do?
Uphill - from 7:30 am to 4 pm, downhill - from 7:30 am to 6 pm.
Uphill - from 8:00 am to 4 pm, downhill - from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm.
The escalators works by 4:30 pm.
The traffic includes single-way cableway, shuttle bus, and the upper escalator between Tiammen Cave and the mountaintop.