Region: Crete, Greece
Adult price: from €65. Special rates for groups (3 to 8 persons).
• Extra Virgin or Virgin?
• Bitter or Pungent?
• Healthy or less healthy?
• With excellent organoleptic profile or with defects?
• Are you familiar with the Cretan varieties?
• What about the Cretan diet and its benefits ?
• Why do Cretans have the highest consumption in olive oil?
• Common myths about olive oil?
• What does "quality" mean in olive oil?
• Extra Virgin or Organic?
• PDO or PGI or Integrated Farming?
• How do you choose good olive oil?
All these questions and even more will be answered by professionals.
The course includes:
1. Tour in our olive grove and the unique olive mill.
2. Full description of the olive oil extraction procedure and parameters.
3. Presentation on the Cretan olive oil culture and diet, theory on quality parameters, categories and extending olive oil tasting plus terminology.
4. Understanding the basics on olive oil tasting, positive characteristics and common defects.
5. Cretan varieties.
6. Health related aspects.
7. Do's and dont's on storage and use of extra virgin olive oil.
After the course participants will be able to:
1. Understand and describe the olive oil quality parameters.
2. Evaluate an olive oil.
3. Detect possible defects.
4. Choose the very best according to their needs and to each dish.
5. Protect and keep fresh the EVOO at home.
6. Become familiar with the Cretan "Olive Oil" culture.
A certificate of attendance will be given on completion of the course.
The course is given by a professional in olive oil quality and tasting, with huge international experience in the sector.
Duration: 3.5 hours.
Group: 2–8 guests.
Tour schedule: starting time 11:00 am.
Meeting point on Crete: Terra Creta SA.
Not included: transfer.
The best olive oil is produced in Greece, and among the Greeks, the most delicious and high-quality oil is prepared by Cretans.How much: from 8 euros7Crete
During the lessons at the farm, you will have the opportunity to participate in the preparation of traditional dishes, as well as, enjoy local recipes.Price from 37 euros24
From harvesting to production in the olive mill, and from bottling to a guided olive oil tasting, you can try and learn about every aspect of the Cretan olive oil.Price from 6 euros37
You will have a guided tour to the original Vassilakis family olive press and the new modern olive press and have a chance to get know about all of the olive production stages.Price free30
The Samaria Gorge National Park is a true wonder and offers the ultimate hiking experience, beginning deep in the mountains and ending up on the shores of the Libyan Sea.Price from 24 euros26
During this tour you will visit the small island of Gamvrousa and its famous castle of Gamvrousa and further take a boat trip to the breathtaking lagoon of Balos.Price from 39 euros27
A scenic drive through magnificent nature from the North coast to the South West brings you to one of the most beautiful beaches of Crete "Elafonisi".Price from 24 euros30